I figured it out 484-miles will be 2,283,040 steps. I got tired, just writing the number!
“ONE STEP AT A TIME”
WOW! Is all I can say with the response I received on all you making a commitment to donate at least one penny for every mile I walk on the “Camino de Santiago” remember is only 484-miles! I am overwhelmed with your kindness. From the bottom of my heart, I THANK YOU!
So I will take this walk with no money; to raise money for the “impossible dream” of Farah, which is now coming true. I am not the hero here she is, I am just doing the walk. Her walk is into one of the most difficult countries in the world plus she is starting in the most challenging part of Kenya, the slums. Where people have no chance at life, she will change that! She said “I have among me future Doctors, Lawyers and leaders who can change the world.” She added “I will do this one person at a time!” She is starting out small with ten children and families. You might say on the ground floor or better yet the basement. Her project is called “OUR HOME.”
For you that have joined me with becoming a part of the “BIG HEARTS” group, I thank you. You are now not only a part of my walk but also a part of a movement which is all about making the world a better place to live no matter what part of the globe you may live. Let’s face it there is one thing we all agree on; everyone wants to have World peace. Your penny can and will make a difference!
Now for you who have not yet signed on to the “BIG HEARTS” group it’s easy just send me an email saying “sign me up” firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be added to the list. If you say yes you will be committed to at least one penny per mile that’s $4.84. Remember if I don’t make it (but I will) you owe nothing.
When you sign up you will not have to tell me how much you would like to donate. That will come later before I take my first step June 1st, 2013.I have already had one huge “BIG HEART” member say he will give me $1 a mile. I really like what he added “every step you do not take will cost the orphanage money!”
Yes I know I will be tired and hungry on this journey but know it will all be worth it. My only need on this trip will be food which I will have to beg for. But you know what I am really not worried about it. I really truly believe that most human beings have some ware inside them the desire to help another in need, especially when it comes to food. If I am wrong I guess I will have to walk real fast to get the end so I can enjoy a Big Mac. Anyway 90% of what we worry about never happens and the other 10% we have no control over. So why worry? Hmmm the 10%?
Now on to my final comment, everyone who has taking this walk has had a different experience, and that what intrigues me about the walk. However there are two statements I hear over and over again. I just got an email from a friend of mine in Arizona whose daughter just finished the walk and said everyone has a problem with de-feet, yes a problem with their feet, blisters and such. I have even been advised to carry a needle and thread to sew up your blisters or any cuts I may get. Well this is a problem; I have no idea how to even sew on a button? Someone told me all you have to do is put the thread through the eye on the needle. Well I looked at a needle and I cannot find any eye, nothing looking back at me? I am confused! I wonder if Super Glue would solve my problem?
The second comment everyone agrees with is when they took the final step…they cried!
That’s it this week oh yes my exercise program is right where I want it, I am now maintaining my daily swim and walking on the tread mill to stay in the shape. I really feel this is more of a mental challenge than psychical anyway. Love you and thanks for your support. Jim
“Keep in mind that part of growing up is learning how to deal with difficult issues, and the benefits can be great if you have the courage to ask for help. Human beings are not designed to go through life alone. No one has to bear the burden of the tough times all by themselves.” -Jack Canfield
OK some last-minute stuff. I just got back for an unbelievable weekend in Phitsanulok & Sukhothai, don’t worry, I can’t pronounce them either. I made two beautiful new friends and was treated like a king. I also witnessed some of the most incredible sights I have ever seen, since I came out of the womb! Here are a couple of photos, video coming soon!